Friday, July 1, 2011

life

So basically I've just been taking life easy and working on the whole no stress, no need to rush thing. it's kinda sorta working, sometimes it kinda drives me crazy not having to do anything. In the last couple days I've walked around a little, k actually a lot, have i ever said how thankful i am to live on flat ground, it's wonderful. and if I ever complain about walking up the hill to campus, just remind me that at least it's not 10 billion. The walk to the center is the worst, having to walk down into the kidron is fine, but walking up the mount of olives is crazy, i don't know how the students do it almost everyday! granted i did take the long way around, walking through gethsemane and hyde park and then up and around to the front instead of just the bottom gate they go through, so I'm probably giving them a little too much credit. But anyways, I did make it to the Hebrew U (on the right bus there and back, i might add) and did some research for a couple hours. The next day i went to the Rockefeller to study pots, that was pretty exciting, and then went over to the Jewish quarter. It was kinda one of my main reasons for coming earlier (or at least main excuse) and i am very glad i got over there, so peaceful, just everyday life there, not full of tourists. I had a delicious super expensive milkshake there, it was totally worth it. This morning I went to the Garden Tomb, probably still one of my (many) favorite places here. It is just so peaceful and calm and you can listen to the asian church groups singing (there's always at least one asian group having a service thing and singing a lot, its great). After sitting there for a while I walked over to the center to do some research there, again-crazy walk, my whole back was sweating. Since then I've been hanging out with the Chadwicks and some of the JC students, had dinner then a party. We had to get ready to start digging, so of course it was Indiana Jones :) and popcorn, it's so wonderful to have something so American sometimes, especially if it's popcorn! Yep that's pretty much it, nothing too exciting like being kidnapped or hitching rides with strangers, and even if there was i probably wouldn't say anything anyways. Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment