Friday, June 25, 2010

marhaba!

It's been so crazy, nonstop going and going so I haven't had much time to write or anything. We do have a 7 hour drive to sinai tomorrow, hopefully i'll be able to get everything in order and recorded, i've been seriously remiss in my journal too. Well, it's still as absolutely amazing as when I got here, well actually it's even more so. I've already had a great adventure, one that Erica would especially appreciate. Basically I was awake all night tuesday night finishing my papers, but I did get them sent off by about 4 am :) Our wake up call was to be 6:00 and then on the buses to leave at 7am. So it rang,I answered with every intention of getting up, then kinda fell back to sleep until 7:30. I rushed to put everything together, ran down to the hotel lobby, and found no one. So i was a little worried, but looked around thinking someone for sure would have waited for me, though was wondering why no one came to to my room to get me. I checked with the desk and found that everyone had checked out(i think even me supposedly) and they had left(I found out later I had missed them by about 5 minutes). SO basically I found myself rather alone and without contact to anyone and no way for anyone to contact me. And that night we were to leave for Luxor, not coming back to the same hotel until the day after. i definitely did not want to miss that (especially since they had somehow missed a ticket for that for me too so had to quickly get me one) or anything, so i decided to go find them, planning on three main spots I could catch them throughout the day. I had the hotel call a taxi for me to go to the Giza pyramid complex, they charged me 100 LE, much more than I could have if i went to corner to get a taxi for myself, but at the moment i was more concerned with finding everybody. It was a really nice ride though, my driver kinda acted like a guide, pointing out things to me and slowing down for me to take pictures of certain buildings. It took about an hour through Cairo traffic to get there, then he dropped me off at the gates. To be continued ( because i am way too tired to keep writing)...

1 comment:

  1. holy cow! what the heck christina. u choose now to be a lazy bum? ur in egypt for goodness sake! i would be awake 5 in the morning! did the camel practice on me help you on that camel?

    ReplyDelete