Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tell Tal

I can't believe the season is already almost over, so crazy how fast it goes, especially when rockets mess up your schedule. But the days we have been able to work have been awesome, and this 1st actual complete week of digging has been very busy, but exciting. nothing super exciting in terms of huge finds, but we've been doing some good work, finding big rocks, floor surfaces, using pickaxes, cleaning rocks with spoons, finding destruction levels, watching rockets in the sky, brushing dirt, cleaning broken pottery trash pieces, finding more stratigraphy. It reminded me of why I want to keep coming back. So great!
We come in to Jerusalem exhausted on the weekends, only to run around the city with the kids who haven't seen anything yet. It's always a difficult battle with sleep at church, I think it won today... Especially after hiking up the Mt. of Olives. Also, I have a new best friend, she is awesome, we are twins basically, she also has all the pictures of us, look on facebook. Her name is Darra, and she is coming to San Diego for a slumber party during the ASOR conference. Also look on FB for pics of our area and people there. They have all left again, now we are back down to us 7 again, with my bff until Tuesday (somehow we convinced her to stay and work in the hot sun brushing dirt walls rather than tour around, don't know how, we just must be so awesome).
Our morning visitor on the Tell (using our handmade trails)

Slumber party in the bomb shelter ( i organized it for some of the girls who were nervous about sleeping through the sirens... I stayed until the movie was over and then went back to my bed after they all fell asleep. It was a success, though,quelled some nerves)

Safi Sunrise. enough said

I'm an archaeologist and I dig up dinosaurs... not! His name is Stagersaurus, He is sitting on my beautiful Iron Age I floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment